Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend

Yesterday, while piddling around on my lunch break and surfing the web I got the bright idea to start my search for my wedding day jewelry.  I had an inkling of an idea of what kinda of jewelry I wanted but I wasn't one hundred percent on if I would even find what I had in mind.  I wanted something modern yet timeless, if that makes any sense. I had recently seen a picture while scoping out updo's and I fell in love with a pair of dangle earrings - though they weren't the color I had in mind, they are just what I had in mind for some bling for my lovely lobes!


Image fromZimbo.com

So I scoped out Overstock and found a couple of worthy jewels.  Take a gander...tell me what ya think!



Glitzy Rocks Sterling Silver Amethyst and CZ Dangle Earrings


Then, I found these. 


Sterling Silver Amethyst/ 1/10ct TDW Diamond Teardrop Earrings

These beauties were much closer to the color I was searching for but didn't have enough bling on the top part of the earring.  You see.  I got my ears pierced as a wee little baby and my ear holes are very high.  Most hoop earrings look ridiculous on me because they fit so tightly around my ear so there isn't much dangle, if you get my drift.  So I knew I wanted something with more bling on the top so that they have the potential to hang down lower.  So the search continued and I decided to skip over the the all time bridal favorite one stop shop, Etsy

After typing up my search for "Amethyst Drop Earrings" I came across, these!


Please excuse the picture.  It was taken on my iPhone.  I must have got the last pair because just within an hour of purchasing the picture was taken down.  I sent my sister the picture of them to get the maid of honor approval.  She loved.  I love loved! So I ordered them immediately, but not before browsing and selecting something that will hang from my neck!

And Here she is....



Isn't she just lovely?  Not too fancy, not too plain.  Simply perfect.  I am so excited to make these purchases.  One more thing that I can mark off my to do list.  Now all I still need in my accessories department is a lovely bracelet or perhaps a ring to dawn on my right hand? 

What do you think ladies?  Do think I made my earlobe bling obsession reality with my purchase?



No comments: